I didn't do anything special with it except to add 1 1/2" to the length and to use my own method for the cowl collar. Since the opening for the collar was wider these are the measurements I used instead of the ones in tutorial.
The neckline of this top is really wide.Now I knew this before cutting it out but I decided to just go for it anyway.The result is that the collar isn't great but it will do.
Here Is my finished top. It looks orange but is really a very pretty red.
I like it like this.
The fabric is a polyester/acrylic (and that means it will pill I know) sweater knit
I. used a twin needle for the hem which I secured first with Steam-a-Seam. The points at the sides had to be mitered before hemming.
This top isn't what I'd call slimming but it is a fun, cute ,and comfortable piece which will be cozy to wear on a Sunday afternoon after changing out of my "church" clothes.
I'm happy with it and recommend it gladly.
Next time I'll be talking about Butterick 5394 and the cardigan I'm working on using View E.
I hope you had time to sew this weekend dear fellow sewists!
More later from