Sunday, October 28, 2012

Dressed in Silhouette

It's been a while since my last post. I've been to Ottawa to visit my two little Sweeties! Riley has a little baby sister named ( Gulp) Poppy! ( I can't make myself like that name!). She is five months old.

Of course I've continued to sew. I was awfully tired after finally getting everything ready for the Mini Wardrobe contest ,so I made some simple pieces, four in all and all using Silhouette patterns.

I made this simple wrap on time for the contest but didn't include it. I love this thing.




It's Brooke's top  #95 and very easy to make. The wrong side shows on one side though.It is really quite elegant worn with slim pants and of course is a great little extra layer of warmth for those of us who are always cold! The fabric is a very lightweight slubby poly lycra.


Brooke's top, Yoga pant and top made using the Swing dress , all patterns by Peggy Sager.

Then I made Giorgio's top #312 which is my favorite tops pattern at the moment.I love how this fits and flatters. I wore this yesterday while shopping with my sisters and got so many compliments from sales ladies
.

I'd been wanting something animal skin and this printed poly/lycra is quite subtle, I think. I can wear this with browns,ivory, and blacks so it's very versatile.

My last two items are both Yoga pants, Silhouette #3400.I can't praise this pattern too much. The fit is excellent and the cut ,oh so flattering. Again, I got lots of comments on these.They are fitted to the knee and then they flare just a little the rest of the way.(Notice my animal print pumps . I love them!!!)






Here, I'm wearing the tan Yoga pants with Giorgio's top.I used RPL for these  and this fabric works very well for these pull on pants. It has just the right amount of stretch.



The other pair is a very versatile grey with a subtle stripe.The fabric is also a little stretchy. This time I added an invisible zipper because I was afraid they wouldn't go over my hips but it really wasn't necessary after all.
I've paired them here with V1261


.
Next time I'll show you a warm topper that I've designed myself, made out of this beautiful chunky sweater knit t and I'm also making brown stretch denim skinny jeans.


Now I have to have a look at what you're making! More later from


PS.Jvenny said "What's with telling us about grandbabies and not showing us so here they are!








 

12 comments:

pdiddly said...

Congratulations on your new grandchild - We will have new grandchildren in December, February and 2 days before our wedding lol.

Love you new pieces.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

These are such lovely pieces. You make the best garments for your lifestyle.

Andrea said...

Beautiful garments. I agree the yoga pant is a great pattern. Love all the pieces on you.

shams said...

Congrats on the new grandbaby! You've been very busy producing some very nice pieces!

Jenny said...

Your pants look fantastic! I cant wait to see what you make with the sweater knit. Oh, what's with telling us about grandbabies but no pics!? :-)

velosews said...

You're so stylish and look fabulous. The pants are great and I'm dying to try them now.
Congraulations too.

Lori said...

Great new garments and such lovely grandchildren.

Linda T said...

I say you've outdone yourself with a wonderful Silhouette wardrobe. I, too, love the yoga pant and have several pairs. I still need to make another Georgio. I don't have the Brook Top pattern - maybe when there is another sale. The grandchildren are precious. Maybe the name Poppy will grow on you :)

gwensews said...

Nice Silhouette pieces. I absolutely love Brooke's top, and the next time patterns go on sale, I will buy it.Do you watch Peggy's webcasts? She has one tonight. I'll be there.

Sharon said...

Another batch of lovely garments for wardrobe, the yoga pants are very stylish and I also love the animal print, you can't go wrong with them.

Ann Made Studio said...

All beautiful garments Diana, as usual :) I too have success with Silhouette patterns. The yoga pants are certainly a favorite. I'll have to try them with RPL. Do you know how much stretch the RPL and striped fabric had?
Love your pumps and gorgeous grandchildren.

Vicki said...

You have been busy! Those yoga pants look good and those pumps are great. I have a similar pair but are a bit too high so don't get worn all that often.