Sunday, December 16, 2012

MY Christmas Outfit

I've stayed away from Blogland lately, all the better to work on my Christmas sewing. Well, I'm still not finished, but almost. I did take the time to make a Christmas outfit.

Here it is.



The top is my own design with the help of "the raglan dress" from the Nov.2008 issue of Burda Style. I used that pattern for this top



 back in Sept.(I find I like the blouson effect worn with a skinny belt and it is quite flattering to my mature shape). I zigzagged lingerie elastic about 12" from the bottom to form the blouson waistline.

I  decided to add a draped collar to this  version because the fabric insisted on it.
 .
I showed how I came up with this draped collar here on Diana's Sewing Lessons.



The fabric is a gorgeous paillet covered concoction. The paillets are matte rather than shiny. They are sewn onto the fabric and are heat resistant. And I only broke four needles while sewing my tunic! Lol.
.
I had to line the sleeves ( I used a stretch mesh ) because without it,the fabric was impossibly itchy.I'll wear a camisole underneath as well.

The pants are the Silhouette Patterns Yoga pant that I've made many times already and love. The fabric is a luscious stretch velvet .

I love my Christmas outfit. We're going to Ottawa for Christmas this year. I'll be very happy to be with my DD , my son , sweet Riley and her baby sister Poppy. ( Oh my goodness, I can't get used to that name!).




I'll have lots to show you after Christmas because I made quite a few things for family members including a sweet little coat set for Riley.

I want to wish you all a Merry and peaceful Christmas. I hope you all get the chance to spend the special day with someone you love.




11 comments:

velosews said...

Merry Christmas to you too Diana.

Lori said...

Your outfit looks beautiful. Merry Christmas

shams said...

A very festive holiday top!

ReadyThreadSew said...

I love the top. As far as the name "Poppy" is concerned - you'll get used to it. My best friend named her two kids very unusual names (one of which I'm still convinced she made up!) and they now seem completely normal and I cannot imagine them named anything else.

pdiddly said...

your Christmas outfit looks wonderful - have a great time and Merry Christmas to you too.

gwensews said...

You're all sparkley and beautiful in your new outfit. Have a glorious Christmas with your family. "Poppy" will grow on you. Hopefully!

Unknown said...

Diana - I love that top.It looks so comfortable - yet elegant. The fabric choice was excellent for the holidays.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.

Gail said...

Very elegant. I wish you and your family a happy holiday season and a wonderful new year.

Vicki said...

Merry Christmas! Very cute outfit!

Amanda S. said...

Really cute and comfy looking!

Cennetta said...

Love the outfit and thanks for the tutorial on how to draft the bias drape.